Frequently Asked Questions

General Terms
What are royalties?

Royalties represent the interests retained by lessors under an oil, natural gas and mineral lease. Funds are payable on these interests based upon the value of a percentage of the minerals produced from the lease.

What is clearing title?

Clearing title is the process of verifying that you own the interest. Title is the legal right or evidence of the legal right to property.

How is my royalty interest calculated?

Royalty is calculated based on the following:

  • Take the number of net mineral acres that you own within a well’s drilling or spacing unit (example: If you own an undivided 1/2 mineral interest in 80 acres, you own 40 net mineral acres.);
  • Divide that number by the total acres in that well’s drilling or spacing unit; and
  • Multiply this number by the royalty interest negotiated in your oil, natural gas and mineral lease.

For example, if you own 40 net mineral acres, the spacing unit is 640 acres and the royalty interest is 1/8, then your royalty interest in the well is (40/640) x 1/8 =0.0078125.

What is a division order?

A division order is a document confirming ownership information in a particular property/unit and authorizing distribution of funds according to that information. It does NOT represent a sale of your property or any changes to your lease.

When you sign and return the division order, you confirm that you agree with the information disclosed in the document. If you have any questions regarding the content of your Division Order, please contact Mach Resources Division Orders Department (“Division Orders”).

Owner Information & Changes
What is an Owner Number?

An owner number is your unique number for your account. You’ll want to be sure to include your owner number in all communications with Mach, including in all voicemail messages and in the subject line of any email correspondence.

How do I change my address?

To change your address, just complete the Change of Address (COA) form located above. Be sure to fill the form out completely. For additional questions, please call 405-252-8197.

What documentation is required for a name change?


  • Copy of marriage certificate
  • Divorce decree reinstating maiden name
  • Other documents affecting a name change


  • Certificate of Name Change with verification of Tax ID to be used
  • Certificate of Merger with verification of Tax ID to be used

Email all documents to or call 405-252-8197 with additional questions.

How do I add someone to my account?

You’ll need to provide Division Orders with a copy of the conveyance document that establishes joint tenancy/ownership has been recorded in the county and state where the minerals reside. Send all info to or call 405-252-8197 with additional questions.

Owner Payment Information
Does Mach Resources offer direct deposit for royalty checks?

Yes! To get started, download the EFT form located in the forms section.

  • Fill it out completely and have all persons listed on the account sign and date the form.
  • Include a voided check copy for the account you wish to have funds deposited in.
  • Scan completed form to or mail it to:

Attn: Division Orders
PO BOX 20546
Oklahoma City, OK 73156

Note: If you sign up for direct deposit, you will need to get your check detail from

How do I change my direct deposit information?

To change your direct deposit information, you’ll just need to electronically submit or download and print EFT form located in the forms section. Make necessary changes, sign and date the form. Be sure to also include a voided check copy for the account you wish to have it deposited in.

You can scan the updated form to or mail it to:

Attn: Division Orders
PO BOX 20546
Oklahoma City, OK 73156

When are royalty checks issued?

Checks are issued and mailed on or about the last day of each month. If the last day of the month falls on the weekend or holiday, Mach will strive to issue checks on the preceding business day. Direct deposits are generally deposited on the or about the last day of each month. Oil revenue is normally paid within 60 days following the sales month. Natural gas revenue is normally paid within 60-90 days following the sales month.

What is minimum pay amount?

An owner must accumulate a minimum balance in their account of $100 in order for a check to be issued. Note that we have a Minimum Release each year in July to all accounts with a balance of at least $10.

Why does my monthly payment amount vary?

Many factors may cause your payment to vary, such as market conditions, suspended payments, adjustments (including any overpayments or underpayments), fluctuating commodity prices, regulatory or contractual changes, production volumes, seasonal conditions and operating issues which may affect the volumes produced from a well during a given time period.

Why does my payment differ from others in my family?

Factors affecting payment may include issues such as unequal ownership between family members, incomplete Tax ID (TIN) or other required information, stale dated checks, returned checks, and/or address changes.

What should I do if I do not receive my revenue check?

If you have not received a check by the 10th business day following the date of the check, please contact or call 405-252-8197. You may also sign up for Direct Deposit (EFT) to eliminate these types of delays.

Can a check 90 days or older be cashed?

As indicated on the check, all checks are stale after 90 days. Please contact or call 405-252-8197 to request reissue of a stale dated check.

What should I do if I have questions regarding my check detail?

Please contact or call 405-252-8197.

When are royalty payments suspended?

Royalty payments may be suspended until certain conditions are satisfied. Generally, royalty payments may be suspended for reasons such as a missing Tax ID, incorrect address, assignment of interest, notice of death, lack of documentation/title confirming ownership, or disputes involving proper apportionment or ownership of interests in the minerals produced.

Amounts due are accumulated and released when a resolution has been reached and all related documents have been received and processed. All payments are retroactive to the date of suspension.

Why am I being charged expenses/deductions even though I am not a working interest (WI) owner?

As a royalty owner, you still share some costs associated with selling a product. If you still believe that your lease indicates you should not have deductions, please contact Division Orders at or calling 405-252-8197.

Transfer Information
How do I make a change to my ownership?

To make a change in ownership, you will need to provide a deed, title, a court order or a death certificate (and perhaps others, depending on the state requirements). To complete the process, you may need to file more than one type of document, and all documents must be recorded in the county where the minerals are located.

Be sure to consult with an attorney, real estate professional or title company if you have any questions on how to prepare or file a document.

What should I do when a royalty owner dies?

Each state handles these requirements differently, and you may want to contact an attorney to advise you how to proceed.

What information is needed when there is a change in Trustee?

Division Orders will need a copy of the applicable portion of the Trust document that identifies the successor Trustee, the duties and the powers of the Trustee, and the circumstances leading to the replacement of the Trustee. Complete and submit a Change of Address form if needed.

What happens when the owner having a life estate dies?

Interest is transferred to the remaindermen. The death certificate and a copy of the deed noting the life estate should be submitted to The remaindermen addresses and tax identification number(s) are required as well.

How long will it take to hear back about my transfer documentation?

This is determined by the complexity of your transfer issue. For more details, please contact or calling 405-252-8197.

Joint Interest Billing (JIB)
When are revenue netted (JIB) checks issued?

If your net revenues exceed your net expenses, a check will be issued to you with your payment being made on or around the last day of each month.

How do I access my monthly JIB invoice online?

Please go to If you do not have a username and password, please Click on Login, then “Sign Up Here” and enter all the necessary information, as described below:

  • Operator’s Region – United States
  • Document Type – JIB
  • Operator – BCE-Mach LLC
  • Owner Number
  • Statement Number
  • Statement Amount

If you are having trouble registering for EnergyLink, please click the Contact link at

What should I do if I do not receive my netted revenue check?

Email or call 405-252-8197.

What should I do to request a refund for a credit balance on my JV account?

Email or call 405-252-8197. Please provide your owner number, company name, your amount of credit, and the month of the JIB that reflects your credit.

How do I request a netting change?

Please send a request for the netting change to Be sure to include the owner number, owner name and a complete mailing address for verification purposes.

What should I do if my JIB invoice is incorrect?

You can call 405-252-8197 or email Be sure to list your owner number, owner name, property number, property name and description of issue.

How do I remit payment for my monthly JIB invoice?

Payments made on invoices billed by BCE-Mach should be remitted through one of the following options:

Remit CHECK payments to:
PO Box 46157
Houston, TX 77210-6157

Remit WIRE/ACH payments to:
Capital One Bank
ABA 111901014
Account # 4670140704

What information should I include when remitting my monthly JIB invoice payment?

Include your owner number along with the month and year of the JIB invoice payment being made. Not paying the invoiced amount? Please be sure to include a detailed explanation for the difference.

Tax and Levy Information
When are 1099 Misc. Tax Forms mailed out?

Your 1099 Miscellaneous Tax forms will be mailed no later than January 31st. If the January 31st falls on Saturday or Sunday, the IRS allows for mailing the following Monday.

Why is my 1099 more than what I received?

The 1099 shows the gross amount prior to taxes and other deductions as required by the IRS.
If you have questions as to how this information should be presented on your tax return, please contact a tax professional.

What is an IRS levy/garnishment?

A levy is a notice issued by a taxing authority, stating that a taxpayer owes overdue taxes or payments and that proceeds or wages normally paid by Mach to the taxpayer should be directed to the taxing authority or agency until the levy is released by the agency.

What can I do to get my levy/garnishment released?

Mach must receive written notification from the agency that is garnishing your account BEFORE we can release the levy/garnishment against your account.

To do this, you will need to contact the agency directly. Once you obtain a Release of Levy from the taxing authority, you may e-mail it directly to or mail it to:

Attn: Division Orders
PO BOX 20546
Oklahoma City, OK 73156